BrainFinance is a leading financial technology company that provides responsible and constructive credit solutions to consumers. We are redefining access to credit through our revolutionary technology that utilizes machine learning and automation capabilities to offer better and simpler financial services to everyone.
A true innovation lab, our team consists of financial experts, data geeks, mathematicians, computer scientists, and software engineers, all working together to bring fair and transparent credit solutions to the masses.
Are you interested in joining our fintech team?
Here's what we're looking for
We are seeking an experienced Principal Engineer to lead our engineering team and oversee the development of our web and mobile applications. Reporting directly to the VP of Engineer, the ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development, particularly in cloud-based environments and mobile application development.
Your daily responsibilities
- Lead a team of Full Stack developers, Backend developers and mobile developers in implementing product defined features.
- Collaborate with Product Owners in defining the upcoming sprint releases and their associated tasks identifying any additional dependency.
- Crafting high-performance, highly scalable services on Cloud Run that are addressable internally or externally via well architected restful endpoints.
- Coordinate with the VP of Engineering in the design and development planning of new products, while introducing new innovations in the market to our technology stack.
- Control the review process of our codebase that are in TypeScript, Swift, Kotlin.
- Mentor and guide our developers, fostering a culture of innovation and excellence.
Your skills and experience
- Over 5 years of experience managing and leading agile technology teams, guiding a team of 5+ former developers or engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related sector with 12 years of relevant experience as an Software Engineer;
- Large scale platform implementations B2C with a developed sense of continuous enhancement.
- Experience with GCP and serverless technologies such as Google Cloud Run, and Cloud Functions;
- Strong experience in FinTech, banking, credit or landing;
- Prior experience working in Android Kotlin is a must
- Extensive Swift experience with 5+ iOS apps developed and deployed
- Strong production experience cloud-based infrastructure and GCP
- Expertise with SQL/Postgres DB and building and maintaining RESTful APIs;
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization technologies;
Perks and benefits
- Group Insurance (Health and Dental)
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
- Hybrid - Office / remote (the team is in the office on Wednesdays)
- Additional Days off (Moving day, Birthday, 5 personal days)
- Health and Wellness Program
- Office perks: Event Coordinator responsible for social activities, 5-7, snacks provided, yoga and meditation room
- Paid subscription to training tools
- Benefits for public transportation (Bixi, Opus)
- Modern open plan office with pin pong, babyfoot and pool table
- A friendly and relaxed working environment