BrainFinance is a leading financial technology company that provides responsible and constructive credit solutions to consumers. We are redefining access to credit through our revolutionary technology that utilizes machine learning and automation capabilities to offer better and simpler financial services to everyone.
A true innovation lab, our team consists of financial experts, data geeks, mathematicians, computer scientists, and software engineers, all working together to bring fair and transparent credit solutions to the masses.
Are you interested in joining our fintech team?
Here's what we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Engineer to direct the development of the Card Issuing Platform and manage it in the future.
Your daily responsibilities
- You will be responsible for developing GCP infrastructure to host the payment gateway, establish relationships with payment processors, and acquire the necessary hardware and software;
- Maintain a system that instantly processes transactions and delivers immediate feedback, ensuring transactional efficiency and reliability;
- Integrating various digital wallets (like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay) while ensuring regular updates and robust security measures are in place for these payment methods;
- You will manage the development of tools for real-time cash flow monitoring and provide user-friendly dashboards for businesses to track financial health, necessitating a keen eye for detail and accuracy;
- Your role will involve creating automated systems for tracking and managing expenses, focusing on enhancing the precision and efficiency of financial reporting processes;
- You will follow the PCI DSS standard, by establishing and updating security protocols and real-time alert systems to protect against fraud and adapt to evolving security threats;
- Your task will include developing and maintaining open APIs for seamless integration with other platforms, ensuring their compatibility and security, and providing support to third-party developers;
- You will integrate and maintain payment processing capabilities ensuring a secure and uninterrupted payment experience for every end-user.
Your skills and experience
- 7+ years of extensive experience in product engineering, particularly in financial technology and card issuing platforms;
- Strong understanding of personal data processes and data protection laws;
- Proven ability to work effectively with software development and data science teams;
- Experience coordinating with third-party manufacturers and vendors;
- Excellent leadership, communication, and project management skills;
- Innovative and analytical thinking, with a strong problem-solving aptitude;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Financial Technologies, Computer Science or a related technical field;
Perks and benefits
- Group Insurance (Health and Dental)
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
- Hybrid - Office / remote (the team is in the office on Wednesdays)
- Additional Days off (Moving day, Birthday, 5 personal days)
- Health and Wellness Program
- Office perks: Event Coordinator responsible for social activities, 5-7, snacks provided, yoga and meditation room
- Paid subscription to training tools
- Benefits for public transportation (Bixi, Opus)
- Modern open plan office with pin pong, babyfoot and pool table
- A friendly and relaxed working environment